Register To Host Local Virtual Events
Local Virtual Events
#MillionsMissing has always had a local presence. Local events were a chance for the communities to come together. For some people, this was the first time they met with other people with ME and found a support system. So while the pandemic has led way from in-person events, this year #MEAction wants to provide an opportunity for local communities to gather, virtually.
If you decide to host a local virtual event, as a Local Virtual Event Lead here is what you will be provided:
- Virtual Event Toolkit-provides sample agenda, community building ideas, and tips for using the online call platform
- Will be provided a link to a virtual meeting platform
- Have your local virtual event listed on #MEAction’s event calendar
- Host an event up to 100 attendees
Local events can be scheduled throughout the week of May 9th-15th (we ask that you schedule your local event NOT during the country events scheduled on May 12th: US Event: 12-2pm PST/3-5pm EST & UK Event: 6-7pm GMT )
Interested in hosting a local virtual event, here are the steps to take:
- Review #MEAction’s Local Virtual Event Policies
- Fill out this form and accept policies
- #MEAction will respond via email
- Create a Facebook Event with the same information as the form*
- Respond back to #MEActon’s email with the link to your Facebook Event.
- Once #MEAction receives your Facebook Event link, we will create a calendar posting to be featured on our Event’s Calendar Page.
- #MEAction will forward along the Local Virtual Event Toolkit!
*Creating a Facebook Event is not a requirement. We are encouraging Local Virtual Event Leads to create Facebook Events as it provides the opportunity to communicate with attendees and share messages prior to the virtual event.
If you prefer to not to create a Facebook Event, please respond back to our email letting us know and we will proceed in creating your calendar event. But please note, if you do not create a Facebook event, you will not be able to communicate with those who RSVPd for your event due to limitations with our own events tool.