Register To Host local Events
Local IN-person or Virtual Events
#MillionsMissing has always had a local presence. Local events are a chance for the communities to come together. For some people, this was the first time they met with other people with ME and found a support system.
While we are not emphasizing in-person May events, we recognize that some international and local participants of #MillionsMissing are welcome to do in-person and virtual events in May and we support this effort, as area-specific needs vary greatly!
If you decide to host a local in-person or virtual event, as a Local Event Lead here is what you will be provided:
- The use of #MillionsMissing and #MEAction branding
- New graphics for social media
- If hosting a virtual event, you will be provided a link to a virtual meeting platform
- Will promote your event on our site and through at least one social media platform leading up to the event
- Will share your successes in promotional material after the event
Local events can be scheduled throughout the week of May 9th-16th (we ask that you schedule your local event NOT during #MEAction’s Virtual Event on May 12th: 12-2pm PST/3-5pm EST/8pm-10pm UK).
Interested in hosting a local in-person or virtual event, here are the steps to take:
- Review #MEAction’s Local Event Policies
- Fill out this form and accept policies
- #MEAction will respond via email
- We will create a calendar posting to be featured on our Event’s Calendar Page and share the posting link with you.
*We are encouraging Local Virtual Event Leads to create Facebook Events as it provides the opportunity to communicate with attendees and share messages prior to the virtual event.